Vilanova agrees to two-year deal with Barcelona
The 42-year-old was an assistant under former coach Pep Guardiola for the last
four seasons. Guardiola ended his tenure last month after winning 14 trophies.
Vilanova played in Barca’s youth ranks, but failed to break through with the
first team. He played for a number of clubs during his career, including Celta
He retired as a player in 2002, and returned to Barcelona in 2007 with Barca’s
B side. He was promoted to first-team assistant in 2008.
Vilanova was previously revealed as the replacement for Guardiola, but had yet
to agree to a contract.
- Bayern Munich wins the UEFA Champions League!
- Streaking Seattle tangles with Galaxy
- Houston ready for Sporting rematch
- Rapids aim to continue dominance over Chivas
- Revolution, TFC clash at Gillette
- RSL begins homestand against offensively-challenged Fire
- Union face difficult test against Impact
- Lyon hopes to lock up Champions League place
- Portland, DCU bring respective streaks to RFK
- Barca continues lap of honor with derby at Espanyol