Victorino leads Phillies past Orioles
Victorino also scored twice, while Jim Thome finished 3-for-5 with an RBI and
two runs scored and Mike Fontenot added a two-run blast for the Phillies, who
put the brakes on a season-high six-game losing streak.
Joe Blanton (5-6) surrendered five runs on seven hits and a walk while
striking out seven over 6 2/3 innings to earn the win and Jonathan Papelbon
fired a scoreless ninth to record his 16th save of the season.
Jake Arrieta (2-8) was shelled for nine runs on 11 hits over four frames to
absorb the loss. Chris Davis and J.J. Hardy each went deep, but the Orioles
dropped their second straight contest.
- Rounding Third: Don’t buy into the Indians
- Aces Wild: Harvey, Latos square off in Citi Field finale
- Cards try for 30th victory in finale with Padres
- Yankees’ Kuroda gets ball in rubber match with Orioles
- Rays, Jays tangle in finale at Rogers Centre
- Tigers ace Verlander hopes to rebound against Tribe
- A’s shoot for sweep of rival Rangers
- Ryu leads Dodgers into finale at Milwaukee
- Phillies shoot for series victory over Marlins
- Red Sox try to avoid the brooms in Chicago