US Open Day 14
We got a few things done on Saturday but not much. First, the Women’s Final was cancelled till Sunday and then Murray and Berdych played. After losing the first set 7-5 Murray started rolling and won the next two sets 2 and 1. Berdych was down a break in the 4th but came back but couldn’t sustain the comeback and lost the tiebreak. After that Ferrer got off to a fast start vs. Djokovic at 5-2 and up 2 breaks. They decided that the conditions were too bad to play and stopped the match at that point. It was a great idea to bet Ferrer at 9-1 when you saw the conditions because; he is used to windy, rotten conditions in Spain and in the wind the “grinder” has an advantage.
If you’ve ever played in the wind, you know it’s the same for both players, but not really, the guy who hits out is in trouble as was Berdych. Once Andy started to just keep the ball deep he took control of the match. That’s what Ferrer did as well. If things don’t clear up, the conditions may help Azarenka more than Serena, who goes for more winners.
As far as our pick, we are calling up America's Bookie and we are still standing by our choice of putting a few bucks on Azarenka at +425 and also taking her +5.5 games. The odds on that have dropped from +105 to -105.
- Fognini, Monfils advance in France
- Bartoli ousted in Strasbourg
- Troicki wins; Davydenko exits Duesseldorf
- Rain washes out Day 2 in Brussels
- At the Net: The ‘Big Three’ assembles in Paris
- Seppi, Hewitt exit Nice
- Nieminen advances at Power Horse Cup
- Rain wins Day 1 in Strasbourg
- Nadal captures 7th Rome title in rout of Federer
- Berankis knocks off Istomin in Nice opener