US Open Day 12
Pretty good day of tennis yesterday at the US Open and there were only two singles matches played. The Men finished up their Quarterfinals and Oh Yea John McEnroe and Adam Sandler played doubles against Kevin James and Jim Courier.
In the first match of the day little David Ferrer wouldn’t give up as usual against Tipsarevic. He won the first set, then lost a second set tiebreak then dropped the 3rd .He came back and won the 4th, but was down 4-1 in the 5th. He still found a way to come back and win the match in a 5th set tiebreak.
In the other match Del Porto looked tired after being on the court for 11 hours vs. Djokovic’s 6. He dropped the first set but was up a minibreak in the set tiebreaker, but lost the set and then the 3rd set 6-4.
By the way McEnroe and Sandler beat James and Courier 3 games to 1.
Today’s is Ladies Semifinal day at Flushing Meadows. One great match on tap and another no so great. In the not so great match Serena is-2000 over Sara Errani +1200. Come on now, we know upsets happen, but can you really think of any scenario where Serena loses this match. We can’t.
In the great match Azarenka is -220 over Sharapova +180. This is a repeat of the Australian Open Final this year where Victoria won 6-3 6-0 over Maria. We kinda feel like Sharapova has a chance here, but if you look at that result on a similar surface, in a similar situation, you have to be concerned about Sharapova chances. There is a chance however that Maria just played a bad match and when she saw her title slipping away, it just snowballed. We picked Victoria to win it all before the tournament and we are not backing down now. We are however calling up America's Bookie and betting Sharapova +3.5 games-110, because we feel when will show up today and play well.
See you tomorrow to talk about two great Men’s Semifinals.
- Berankis knocks off Istomin in Nice opener
- Rosol falls in Dusseldorf opener
- Nadal to meet Federer in blockbuster Rome final
- Rafa returns to Rome final
- Serena continues roll into Rome final, Azarenka next
- Berdych stuns Djokovic; Federer, Nadal reach semis in Rome
- Serena, Azarenka reach semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome
- Berdych stuns Djokovic; Nadal reaches semis in Rome
- Berdych stuns Djokovic in Rome
- Serena cruises into semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome