Stallings in front at True South Classic
The tournament has been backed up by inclement weather all week, and Saturday
was no exception at Annandale Golf Club. A 3 1/2-hour delay began the day, and
second-round play wasn’t completed until late in the afternoon. Following the
cut, players went off in a split-tee format, and they’ll resume at 8:00 a.m.
(et) on Sunday.
Stallings has a significant lead at this point at 18-under, four better than
Heath Slocum (6-under through 13) and second-round co-leaders Jason Bohn (1-
under through nine) and Billy Horschel (one-under through nine).
If Stallings goes on to win, it would be his second PGA Tour victory after
capturing The Greenbrier Classic last year.
The clubhouse leader is William McGirt (64), who, at 13-under 203, is alone in
fifth place on the overall leaderboard. Woody Austin (66) and eight others are
knotted in sixth at 12-under.
Defending champion Chris Kirk was in the hunt at the outset of Saturday’s
play, but he lost ground and is nine shots off the pace with seven holes
remaining in his third round.
MORE TO FOLLOW.
- Kuchar leads by 1 at Colonial
- Prugh joins Van Aswegen atop leaderboard in Mexico
- Canizares vaults into PGA Championship lead
- Putnam, Van Aswegen share lead in Mexico
- Two lead delayed LPGA event in Bahamas
- Cochran, Perry tied for lead at Senior PGA Championship
- Kuchar leads delayed Colonial
- Molinari moves into top spot at PGA Championship
- Putnam leads suspended Mexico Championship
- Haas, Waldorf share lead at Senior PGA Championship