Spurs’ Parker cleared to play in Olympics
The French Basketball Federation said on its website Friday that Parker was
cleared by the Spurs’ medical staff.
Parker injured his eye during a bottle-throwing fight involving singers Chris
Brown and Drake at a New York City nightclub in mid-June.
This past season, Parker averaged team highs of 18.3 points and 7.7 assists in
60 games for the Spurs. He also led the team with averages of 20.1 points and
6.8 assists in the playoffs, which ended with a loss to Oklahoma City in the
Western Conference finals.
France will open Olympic play on July 29 against the United States.
- Spurs hold off Grizzlies in OT
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach
- Nothin’ but Net: Making sense of the lottery
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance