Soccer Games to Watch – 9/22 – 9/24
There are some great soccer games this weekend. Here are the three biggest clashes.
Saturday, September 22
Juventus vs. Chievo Verona
2:45 PM ET
Serie A defending champions Juventus will host Chievo Verona, hoping to extend their unbeaten streak to 43 games.
Juventus overcame an 18th-minute opener by hosts Genoa last week by scoring three goals in the second half to secure a 3-1 win.
Anything less than three points against a Chievo Verona team that has suffered two defeats since an opening day win against Bologna would be a major surprise.
Sunday, September 23
Liverpool vs. Manchester United
8:30 AM ET
Liverpool would like nothing more than to get their first Premier League win under Brendan Rodgers against Manchester United.
Wayne Rooney is out of the game but Robin van Persie is expected to play, while Evra is expected to be recalled. Ashley Young is out with a rib injury, however.
Liverpool will recall all their stars after making 11 changes for Thursday night's Europa League clash in Switzerland.
This promises to be an emotional and fiery game.
Manchester City vs. Arsenal
11:00 AM ET
Manchester City looks to bounce back from last Tuesday's tough 3-2 loss against Real Madrid when they host Arsenal. The Gunners are third in the Premier League standings with 8 points but they have won their last two games.
Check America’s Bookie for the latest Soccer Odds
- Sanvezzo pushes Vancouver past Chivas
- Chicago comes from behind to down Colorado
- Martins, Di Vaio lead Impact past Dynamo
- Neymar’s early goal enough to lift Brazil over Mexico
- Union inks veteran GK Nikolov
- Dortmund’s Bittencourt opts for Hannover move
- Carroll completes West Ham move
- United opens at Swansea; Chelsea begins at Hull
- Fire host Rapids to close out home spell
- Oduamadi’s hat trick helps Nigeria ease past Tahiti