Serie A Recap: Palermo 2 AC Milan 2
AC Milan fought from behind for a 2-2 draw with Palermo. The Rossoneri were trailing 2-0 yesterday. Fabrizio Miccoli scored a penalty and Franco Brienza added another before halftime; however, AC Milan came-from-behind late in the second half, earning a hard-fought draw after from Riccardo Montolivo and Stephan El Shaarawy.
Palermo enjoyed most of the early possession but the first half was a defensive affair as both teams tested each other out. Then, just as it appeared that they would head to halftime without a goal being scored, Ignazio Abate was penalised for his handball in the area, which allowed Miccoli give Palermo the lead and 90 seconds Brienza doubled the advantage, stunning AC Milan.
AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri decided to bring Bojan Krkic off the bench, which proved to be the difference as he tested Palermo goalkeeper Samir Ujkani in the 58th minute before teeing up Montolivo for AC Milan's first goal 11 minutes later.
With 10 minutes remaining in the game, El Shaarawy saved the Rossoneri with a classy turn and strike for goal from 10 meters. The result sees AC Milan climb to eighth in the standings as Palermo remain 16th.
Check the latest Soccer News
- Galtier signs St. Etienne extension
- MLS announces New York expansion team
- Mallorca tops Betis to revive survival hopes
- Real confirms Mourinho departure after season
- Sounders’ Johnson collects MLS Player of the Week honor
- MLS Features: Portland stays hot, D.C. United not
- José Mourinho will leave Real Madrid after the last game of the season
- Mazzarri leaves Napoli post
- Grabavoy leads the way as RSL charges past Chivas
- America to face Cruz Azul for Mexican title