Rupp sets trials record in 10,000 meters
Rupp, who placed 13th in Beijing four years ago as the top American finisher
in the event, posted a time of 27 minutes, 25.33 seconds to beat by more than
11 seconds Meb Keflezighi’s old meet record set in 2004.
Matt Tegenkamp and Dathan Ritzenhein placed second and third to qualify for
the London Games along with Rupp. All three finished below Keflezighi’s mark.
Amy Hastings won the women’s 10,000 in 31 minutes, 58.36 seconds to lead the
list of qualifiers.
Shalane Flanagan, the 2008 bronze medalist, finished third. Flanagan already
made the Olympic team by winning the U.S. marathon trials in January and said
she wouldn’t run un the 10,000 because the events are scheduled too closely
- Cards take series in San Diego; Lyons wins debut
- James beats the buzzer in OT as Heat take Game 1
- Tigers outlast Indians
- Buchholz, Red Sox down ChiSox
- Martinez’s HR, Lyles’ arm help Astros secure series
- Rockies send Rutledge to Triple-A
- Pens push Sens to brink with Game 4 outburst
- O’s swamp Yankees with early offense
- Liriano strong again as Pirates edge Cubs
- Lee’s SO lifts Phillies in Miami