Real Madrid’s Pepe leaves hospital
Pepe sustained the injury when he clashed heads with teammate Iker Casillas in
the first half of the contest and had to be replaced at halftime before being
taken to the hospital.
“He has spent the night under observation and everything is fine and we’ve
decided, under the control of the Real Madrid medical team, that the player
can be discharged from hospital without any problem,” doctor Carlos Diez told
Real Madrid’s website.
It is still unclear whether or not the Portugal international will miss time
while he recovers, with Real Madrid set to face Barcelona on Thursday in the
first leg of the Spanish Supercopa.
- Sanvezzo pushes Vancouver past Chivas
- Chicago comes from behind to down Colorado
- Martins, Di Vaio lead Impact past Dynamo
- Neymar’s early goal enough to lift Brazil over Mexico
- Union inks veteran GK Nikolov
- Dortmund’s Bittencourt opts for Hannover move
- Carroll completes West Ham move
- United opens at Swansea; Chelsea begins at Hull
- Fire host Rapids to close out home spell
- Oduamadi’s hat trick helps Nigeria ease past Tahiti