Rangers activate Ogando off DL
Ogando had been on the DL since June 12 with a right groin strain he suffered
while running to first base on a bunt single in the fourth inning of a June 12
win over the San Francisco Giants. He left the game immediately.
It was the first start of the season for Ogando, who is 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in
28 games for Texas this season. He has 35 strikeouts and just seven walks.
To make room on the roster, the team placed catcher Yorvit Torrealba on the
paternity leave list. His wife is in Florida and is expected to give birth
Torrealba is batting .212 with two homers and 11 RBI in 44 games this season.
- Twins top Tigers, end 10-game skid
- Braves beat Mets to complete Friday’s suspended game
- Eighth inning rally lifts Boston over Cleveland
- Angels use late surge to down Royals
- Orioles send Strop to DL
- Jones, Orioles down Blue Jays
- Granderson heads back to the disabled list
- Rangers try to add another win to their total as they battle M’s
- NL-leading Cardinals go for another win over Dodgers
- A’s aim to keep momentum going versus Astros