Pats claim TE Ballard off waivers
Ballard, who was let go by the Giants on Monday, tore the anterior cruciate
ligament in his left knee during the fourth quarter of the team’s Super Bowl
win over the New England Patriots.
Ballard, 24, had 38 catches for 604 yards and four touchdowns last season in
his first real action in two years in the NFL.
The Patriots also placed rookie tight end Brad Herman on injured reserve.
- Former Bears OT Evey passes away
- Seahawks’ McCoy has surgery for torn Achilles
- Bengals sign third-round pick Williams
- Bears to retire Ditka’s number
- 49ers sign Carradine, McDonald
- Ravens sign second-round pick Brown
- Cardinals sign third-round pick Mathieu
- RG3′s goal is to ‘be ready for training camp’
- Giants re-sign Barden
- Bucs sign second-round pick Banks