Parker shuts down Seattle in rubber match
Coco Crisp cracked a solo homer in the win for the A’s, who have come out
on top in three of their last four contests.
Jarrod Parker (4-3) allowed just one run on three hits and four walks with
nine strikeouts. Grant Balfour allowed the tying run to reach third in the
eighth, but escaped unscathed and Ryan Cook worked his way out of trouble in
the ninth to record his sixth save of the season.
John Jaso provided the only offense with a home run for the Mariners, who have
dropped three of their last four games.
Kevin Millwood got the start for the M’s and allowed one run on one hit before
being pulled with a groin injury in the third inning. Hisashi Iwakuma (1-1)
took over and allowed one run on one hit with two walks and three strikeouts
in 3 2/3 innings to take the loss.
- Lynn tosses Cards over Dodgers
- Cuddyer productive in return, leads Rox over Giants
- Diamondbacks use big 7th inning, down Padres
- Lackey shines as Red Sox crush Tribe
- Young’s HR in 9th boosts A’s over Astros
- Keppinger, White Sox beat Marlins in extras
- Vargas shuts down Royals
- Estrada pitches Brewers over Pirates
- Orioles slug their way past Jays
- Hanigan blasts Reds over Cubs