Paolo Guerrero joins Corinthians
Peruvian international striker Paolo Guerrero will join Copa Libertadores champions Corinthians from Bundesliga side Hamburg.
The 28-year-old scored 51 goals in 183 appearances for Hamburg. He will undergo a medical in Hamburg on Thursday before travelling to Brazil and undergoing another medical there but Hamburg's sporting director, Frank Arnesen, told the team's website that the deal is done.
"The clubs have already agreed on the transfer," Arnesen said.
"It will be a great opportunity for Paolo to play for Corinthians. We wish him much luck and success in his endeavors."
Corinthians recently won the Copa Libertadores against Argentinian giants Boca Juniors after claiming the Brasileiro title last season.
- Union inks veteran GK Nikolov
- Dortmund’s Bittencourt opts for Hannover move
- Carroll completes West Ham move
- United opens at Swansea; Chelsea begins at Hull
- Fire host Rapids to close out home spell
- Oduamadi’s hat trick helps Nigeria ease past Tahiti
- Miller collects MLS Player of the Week honor
- Figueroa completes Hull City switch
- Galaxy acquires Mastroeni from Rapids
- Hohn commits future to Freiburg