Padres edge Angels in 13 innings
Richard, a pitcher, reached base with a two-out, pinch-hit single and Venable
followed with a line drive to left field off of David Pauley (0-1). Howie
Kendrick, who replaced the injured Ryan Langerhans in left field earlier in
the game, failed to pick up the bouncing ball cleanly, allowing Richard to
Yonder Alonso had a two-run double for San Diego, which won two of three in
Miles Mikolas (1-1) pitched two scoreless innings of relief to earn the win
and Anthony Bass gave up two runs on five hits in a six-inning start. He
walked three and struck out six.
Mark Trumbo had an RBI double and Mike Trout hit a solo homer in the fifth
inning for the Angels, who fell to 18-24 on the season.
Starter Ervin Santana went six innings and allowed two runs on six hits. He
walked two and struck out six.
- Vogelsong breaks hand as Giants down Nats
- Marquis, Padres get by Cardinals
- Smith guides A’s over Rangers
- Dunn, White Sox hand Boston’s Lester first loss
- Kershaw’s CG helps Dodgers edge Brewers
- Corbin goes the distance in Diamondbacks’ win over Rockies
- Dominguez helps Astros slip past Royals
- Bruce’s blast leads Reds over Mets
- Johnson blows third straight save as Yanks top O’s
- Ruggiano helps Marlins down Phillies