Oswalt, Rangers top A’s
Oswalt (3-1) allowed one run on three hits with six strikeouts and no walks to
earn the win. The Rangers bullpen did the rest and Tanner Scheppers worked a
clean ninth inning to close out the win.
Josh Hamilton cracked a solo home run and finished with a pair of RBI, Adrian
Beltre added a solo shot and Craig Gentry went 2-for-3 with an RBI single for
the Rangers, who have won five of their last six.
Josh Reddick accounted for the lone run with a home run for the A’s, who had
their four-game winning streak snapped.
Bartolo Colon (6-8) suffered a rare loss at the hands of the Rangers, after
allowing four runs on eight hits with a walk and five strikeouts over seven
innings. He came into the game with a 13-1 mark over his last 15 starts
- Overbay HR sends Yanks past Rays in 11
- Giants prevail in extras on Pagan’s inside-the-park HR
- Reds stay hot, defeat Cubs
- Alvarez and Locke help Pirates take out Brewers
- Twins top Tigers, end 10-game skid
- Braves beat Mets to complete Friday’s suspended game
- Eighth inning rally lifts Boston over Cleveland
- Angels use late surge to down Royals
- Orioles send Strop to DL
- Jones, Orioles down Blue Jays