Oklahoma State suspends Philip Jurick
Oklahoma State center Philip Jurick has been suspended indefinitely after he pleaded not guilty to charges that he possessed marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Oklahoma State head coach Travis Ford announced that Jurick will not travel with the team on their upcoming foreign tour in Spain and that a final decision on his status will be made when more information is obtained.
Jurick was charged Monday with counts of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The 6-foot-11 center pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor charges Monday, and he is scheduled to appear again in court on August 20.
He averaged 1.6 points and 4.9 rebounds in 27 games (16 starts) for Oklahoma State last year before injuries ended his season.
Check the latest NCAA Basketball News.
- Nats edge Padres in 10 innings
- Rosales, A’s edge Royals
- Sale, White Sox shut out Angels
- Rockies hold on, edge Giants in slugfest
- Gomes, Ellsbury help BoSox rally past Twins
- Porcello, Tigers slip past Rangers
- Busch wins fifth truck race at Charlotte
- Freese helps Cardinals outslug Brewers
- Kipnis, Tribe top M’s
- Korda moves 1 clear of Webb in Mobile