Odds to Win the 2012 Travelers Championship – Matt Kuchar Favored
It’s not a bad field this week for the Travelers Championship considering it is the week after the US Open. The tournament will be held at the TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Connecticut.
The oddsmakers have Matt Kuchar as the favorite at +1000. I picked Kuchar to do well in the Open last week, but he ended up tied for 27th. He is currently ranked #7 in the world and has finished in the top 20 in 7 of his last 10 tournaments.
We have 3 players behind Kuchar at +1200. This would be Webb Simpson, Hunter Mahan, and Zach Johnson. Simpson is hot coming off of last weeks’ win at the US Open. He is now ranked #5 in the world and should be in the hunt this week. Mahan, on the other hand, is not very hot right now. I’m not sure why he has such short odds other than the fact he won the event 5 years ago.
I’m looking for my sentimental favorite Bubba Watson to make some noise in this tourney, and shake off the bad week he had at the US Open. I don’t know if he has a win in him, but I see a top 5 finish.
2012 Travelers Championship Odds to Win:
Matt Kuchar +1000
Webb Simpson +1200
Hunter Mahan +1200
Zach Johnson +1200
Padraig Harrington +1500
Bubba Watson +1500
Fredrik Jacobson +1500
Bo VanPelt +2000
Ryan Moore +2000
Ian Poulter +3000
Keegan Bradley +3000
Louis Oosthuizen +3000
Full golf odds provided at America's Bookie
- Johnson rallies to victory in Mobile
- Bae tops Bradley to win Byron Nelson title
- Anderson grabs 1st win at BMW
- Da Silva wins Zambia Open
- Uihlein earns maiden win in Madeira
- McDowell rallies for World Match Play win
- Chella Choi grabs 1-shot lead in Mobile
- Anderson 1 clear of Corpening in South Carolina
- Anderson 1 clear of Corpening at BMW
- Bradley still on top in Texas