Odds to Win the 2012 AT&T National Championship – Tiger Favored
The PGA comes to us this week from Congressional Country Club in Bethesda, Maryland. There is a kind of light field this week as some players are prepping for the British Open and others are playing in Ireland. Once again Tiger is the favorite at +450, and it is a little more realistic this week considering his competition. Even though this is his tournament, I’m not betting on him. He just doesn’t have that essence of Tiger anymore. He gave us a spark at the US Open, but couldn’t sustain for 4 days.
Hunter Mahan and Dustin Johnson are next behind Woods at +1000. Although Mahan has 1 win on the year, he has not been playing well. He has finished out of the top 10 in his last 7 tournaments. Johnson didn’t play well and missed the cut at the US Open. He did win the St. Jude Classic the week before. I see Johnson having a chance here, actually I will probably take him in the top 5.
Jim Furyk is at +1200 and is the way I am leaning right now. He played well and finished 4th at the US Open and has finished in the top 15 in 7 of his last 9 tournaments. He or Johnson both has a really good chance to take this tournament.
2012 PGA AT&T National Odds to Win:
Tiger Woods +450
Hunter Mahan +1000
Dustin Johnson +1000
Jim Furyk +1200
Adam Scott +1500
Nick Watney +2000
Bo Van Pelt +2500
KJ Choi +3500
Ryan Palmer +2500
Ryan Moore +4000
Jason Day +3500
Full golf odds provided at America's Bookie
- Golf’s governing bodies ban anchored strokes
- Golf Tidbits: Is the anchor ban needed?
- 2013 Crowne Plaza Invitational Preview
- Teater tops British Open qualifiers in Texas
- Johnson soars in women’s world rankings
- Molinaro earns first Symetra title
- Johnson rallies to victory in Mobile
- Bae tops Bradley to win Byron Nelson title
- Anderson grabs 1st win at BMW
- Da Silva wins Zambia Open