O.J. Mayo to Sign with the Mavericks
O.J. Mayo will be signing with the Dallas Mavericks. And as is fitting in the social media era, the news was first announced via a tweet.
The 6’4” shooting guard has been solid for the Memphis Grizzlies, averaging 15.2 ppg over the last 4 seasons. He has been coming off the bench for the last two seasons after starting the first 2 but has still been an impact player.
Dallas has been retooling in the offseason and failed to get DeronWilliams to come to his hometown. They lost guards Jason Kidd and Jason Terry to free agency and designated Brendan Haywood as their amnesty player. They grabbed 2 time All Star F Elton Brand from Philly, where he was on amnesty waivers. They signed a deal with 7 foot center Chris Kaman, acquired PG Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones in a trade for Ian Mahinmi.
The Mavericks are not wasting any time building this team to get back to the NBA finals.
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach
- Nothin’ but Net: Making sense of the lottery
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6