NASCAR Odds to Win the Bojangle’s Southern 500
The 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series comes to us this Saturday from Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina. And the Bojangle’s Southern 500 will take us back to racing under the lights.
Jimmie Johnson is the favorite at +600, despite having won a race this season. He has four top 5’s this year and has won twice in the past at Darlington. I think I have said this more than once, but he is going to win one of these weeks, the tough part is figuring out which one. I still predict that JJ has at least 3 wins in him this season.
Jeff Gordon has not had a good year so far, but races well on this track. Could this week be a turnaround for him on the season. He has won 7 times on this track and has the highest driver rating at Darlington at 116.2.
I’ve got a feel for Smoke, Tony Stewart this week. I think he is about ready for another win after his hot start. He has the two wins and three top 5’s. Point leader Greg Biffle also runs well on this track and could come away with the win here. He has a win on the season and has won at this track twice in the past. Be sure and check for odds on the top 3 and top 5 before race time also.
Odds to win the Bojangles’ Southern 500:
Jimmie Johnson +600
Tony Stewart +800
Kyle Busch +800
Jeff Gordon +800
Carl Edwards +750
Greg Biffle +800
Denny Hamlin +900
Kevin Harvick +900
Matt Kenseth +900
Brad Keselowski +1000
Kasey Kahne +1000
Dale Earnhardt Jr +1250
Martin Truex Jr +2200
Full odds at America's Bookie.
- Hamlin sets new track qualifying record at Charlotte
- Coca-Cola 600 a long and tiring race for drivers
- Jarrett, Petty among new inductees into the NASCAR HOF
- 2013 NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 Preview
- Johnson claims record fourth win in all-star race
- McMurray, Stenhouse Jr. advance into all-star race
- Edwards claims all-star pole, Johnson qualifies 18th
- Ex-driver Trickle dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound
- ‘No holds barred’ in NASCAR’s all-star race
- This Week in Auto Racing May 17 – 19