NASCAR – Auto Club 400 Review
It was a rain shortened race in Fontana, California on Sunday with Tony Stewart coming out on top for his 2nd win of the season. The race only made it through 129 laps but 101 was the minimum for the race to count.
Kyle Busch led for 80 laps but Stewart outmaneuvered him when they both encountered the lap car of Juan Manuel Montoya. Stewart was able to get the lead on lap 85. It showed that Stewart was just a little bit better driver in traffic to get around the stubborn Montoya.
Busch did end up taking 2nd in the shortened race while Dale Earnhardt Jr. took 3rd. Give a lot of credit to Kyle for giving credit to Stewart in the race. He said himself that even without interference he might not have been able to hold off Stewart. Busch was quoted as saying: “Stewart was way faster and really good in traffic.” He later went on to say that he was extremely pleased with the 2nd place finish.
This was Stewart’s 46th win and it looks like he doesn’t want to wait to the end of the season and make his move like he did last year. So far this year he has 2 top 10’s, 2 top 5’s and 2 wins. He is now sitting in 4th position in the Cup standings only 18 points back of leader Greg Biffle.
- Ex-driver Trickle dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound
- ‘No holds barred’ in NASCAR’s all-star race
- This Week in Auto Racing May 17 – 19
- 2013 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race Preview
- The Inside Line: Hamlin more confident now of making Chase
- Kenseth wins at Darlington minus crew chief Ratcliff
- Kurt Busch claims Darlington pole with new track record
- Gordon ready for 700th start at Darlington
- This Week in Auto Racing May 10 – 12
- Joe Gibbs Racing penalties significantly reduced