MMA Weekly Preview July 23rd – July 29th 2012
UFC 149 was this past weekend and I hope everyone made money despite the fights being below par in my opinion. The ME was unable to live up to the hype and many of the other main card fights weren’t that great to watch. This week’s MMA action starts on Wednesday in China and culminates with a couple big events this weekend that America's Bookie will have odds on.
Wednesday July 25th 2012 MMA Events
• CFP: AWA vs. Heat Round 4 (Day 1)
Thursday July 26th 2012 MMA Events
• CFP: AWA vs. Heat Round 4 (Day 2)
Friday July 27th 2012 MMA Events
• Fort MMA 2: Higo vs. Kevin
• EFC Africa: Extreme Fighting Championship Africa 15
• Cage Titans 10: Prevail
Saturday July 28th 2012 MMA Events
• KOTC: TBA
• Xplode Fight Series: Eclipse
• PF: Pro Fight 7
• PFS: Premier Fight Series
• Chaos in the Cage 11: Xtreme Couture vs. Souther California
• CM 21: Caged Madness 21
• Invicta FC 2: Baszler vs. McMann
Sunday July 29th 2012 MMA Events
• Pancrase: Progress Tour 9
• Demolition Project: Demolition 12
None of the big MMA promotions are hosting events this weekend, but that means fans have a weekend to watch other events in numerous countries around the world. Watching other MMA promotions is a great way to learn about fighting prospects that are moving up the rankings on the local circuits.
The week kicks-off with a 2-day MMA event in China on Wednesday / Thursday and ends with a couple events this Sunday, which includes the Progress Tour 9 Event at the Gold’s Gym in Tokyo, Japan. There is plenty of international action and you’ll need to look online for a live stream in order to watch the action this week, but there will be some great fights to watch.
One of the big US MMA events this week is the Premier Fight Series, which will be in Fort Worth, Texas. Invicta FC 2 should be a great event as well and that will be hosted at Memorial Hall in Kansas City. Betting isn’t possible on most of these fights due to their not being enough public interest, but I’ve noticed some bookies posting lines are smaller promotions lately.
Odds don’t typically get posted until the day of the event, so you need to be quick and prepared, so you don’t miss out. Bettors won’t be able to wager on much of anything this week, but it’s a good time to catch-up on this year. August is going to be a busy month with plenty of betting opportunities that we’ll take a look at in our predictions and weekly previews.
With the last week of July featuring very little big MMA action we won’t be posting picks this week, but we will be back posting picks at the beginning of August, as there are several events. UFC on Fox 4 is early in the month and UFC 150 is only a couple weeks away. We’ll make sure we post our analysis of every fight for those two events plus several more in August.
- Bengals sign third-round pick Williams
- Europa League winner to get Champions League place
- New York Yankees (28-18) vs. Tampa Bay Rays (24-22) Preview
- (7) Ottawa Senators (1-3) at (1) Pittsburgh Penguins (3-1), 7:30 p.m. (ET)
- Braves hope to stay hot on road as they visit Mets
- Rolling Blue Jays turn to Nolin vs. Orioles
- A’s try to remain perfect this season vs. Astros
- Nats seek to get offense going against rival Phillies
- Rays hope to extend home success over Yankees
- Sanchez aims to bounce back as Tigers take on Twins