Lakers hold off Nuggets to win Game 7
On the cusp of elimination, the sixth-seeded Nuggets stormed back with two
straight wins and held a lead in the fourth quarter on Saturday, but the
Lakers persevered, getting 23 points, 17 rebounds and six assists from Pau
Gasol en route to a 96-87 victory.
Los Angeles, seeded third, will visit the second-seeded Oklahoma City Thunder
on Monday in the Western Conference semifinals.
Al Harrington and Ty Lawson scored 24 points apiece for the Nuggets, who fell
just one victory short of their first-ever series win over the Lakers.
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach
- Nothin’ but Net: Making sense of the lottery
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6