Kings close in on 1st title after Game 3 win
They took care of things in regulation this time.
Jonathan Quick made 22 saves for his third shutout of the playoffs and the
Kings killed off all six New Jersey power plays in a 4-0 win Monday to take a
3-0 series lead over the Devils.
Alec Martinez and Anze Kopitar scored in the second period and Jeff Carter and
Justin Williams added power play goals in the third for the Kings.
Game 4 is Wednesday in LA.
Martin Brodeur gave up all four goals on 21 shots for the Devils, who are on
the ropes after losing the first two games of the series in overtime at home.
- Seidenberg returns to lineup for Bruins
- Red Wings try to complete upset of top-seeded Blackhawks
- Bruins aim to close out Rangers in Game 5
- Pens rout Sens in Game 5, roll into East finals
- Coyotes agree to long-term extension with GM Maloney
- Blue Jackets re-sign McElhinney
- Top Shelf: Alfie, Toews and a bad week for NHL leadership
- NHL awards to be announced during Stanley Cup Finals
- Kings blank Sharks for series lead
- Red Wings blank Blackhawks, take 3-1 series lead