Kalou gives Lille draw against Nancy
Djamel Bakar scored off a 25-yard shot in the 32nd minute as Nancy grabbed the
lead on the road, but Kalou headed a shot from the near side of the area just
inside the far post in the 40th.
Benjamin Moukandjo was sent off in the 78th minute for Nancy, but Lille failed
to take advantage and settled for the home draw.
Both clubs remained unbeaten after their second match of the young season. The
clubs each opened with a win last weekend.
Favorite PSG visits Ajaccio on Sunday in its next match, as the free-spending
club looks to bounce back from a 2-2 home draw against Lorient last weekend.
Ajaccio won its opener at Nice.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic fired a second-half brace, including a late penalty, as PSG
rallied from two goals down just to secure a point. It was not the start coach
Carlo Ancelotti anticipated.
“It’s two points dropped. We didn’t have the right balance in the first half,
the second was better. We showed character. It was a good lesson for us,” said
“We have to work to improve our play and the balance in the team. We have a
fantastic striker (Ibrahimovic), but we need more balance to avoid counter-
attacks and conceding goals.”
Bordeaux hosts Rennes and Marseille hosts Sochaux in the other Sunday matches.
On Saturday, newly-promoted Bastian will try to add to its opening-weekend win
at Sochaux when it host fellow promoted side Reims.
“It’s really promising to go out and win your first match, even though we
still have a lot of work to do,” Bastia coach Frederic Hantz said. “But we’re
not going to get carried away. I’ll take stock of our situation after the
first four matches.”
Also Saturday, Lyon hosts Troyes, Brest hosts Evian, Valenciennes hosts Nice,
Lorient hosts Montpellier, and Toulouse hosts St Etienne.
- America to face Cruz Azul for Mexican title
- United, Sporting KC draw at RFK
- Barca inches closer to century mark after win over Valladolid
- AC Milan books Champions League place with Siena defeat
- Cahill’s late goal sees N.Y. down L.A.
- Celtic cruises past Dundee United in SPL finale
- Chavez helps ‘Quakes claim point against Colorado
- Johnson’s brace helps surging Sounders topple FCD
- Dynamo’s home woes continue with Revs defeat
- McInerney scores again as Union douse Fire