John returns to FCD
There was speculation about whether John's transfer would become permanent after he withdrew from the U.S. national team's camp in January to complete the move to London.
But after featuring for the West Ham reserves without making a first-team appearance for the Hammers, John will be returning to FC Dallas in time for the club's opening match of the season on March 11 against Red Bull New York.
"We're very excited to have a player of George John's caliber return to our team," said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. "He has been one of our most consistent players. Without question, FC Dallas is a better team with George John. In speaking with George, he's very excited to rejoin our team and help FC Dallas compete for a return trip to MLS Cup."
John, 24, started 31 regular season matches for the Hoops last season, netting three goals with one assist.
"I'm glad I had this opportunity and experience, and I want to thank MLS, FC Dallas and West Ham," said John. "Right now I'm really looking forward to getting back to Dallas. I've been in touch with Schellas and I'm ready to get to work."
- Benteke’s penalty rescues Villa
- ’15 Season Preview: High expectations for TFC in 2015
- Tuesday Service Plays 3/3/15
- Monday Service Plays 3/2/15
- Lazio tops Sassuolo to close gap on Napoli
- Chelsea tops Tottenham in Capital One Cup final
- Sunday Service Plays 3/1/15
- Messi, Suarez lead Barca over Granada
- Lyon stumbles against Lille
- Dortmund downs Schalke in Revierderby