John returns to FCD
There was speculation about whether John's transfer would become permanent after he withdrew from the U.S. national team's camp in January to complete the move to London.
But after featuring for the West Ham reserves without making a first-team appearance for the Hammers, John will be returning to FC Dallas in time for the club's opening match of the season on March 11 against Red Bull New York.
"We're very excited to have a player of George John's caliber return to our team," said FC Dallas head coach Schellas Hyndman. "He has been one of our most consistent players. Without question, FC Dallas is a better team with George John. In speaking with George, he's very excited to rejoin our team and help FC Dallas compete for a return trip to MLS Cup."
John, 24, started 31 regular season matches for the Hoops last season, netting three goals with one assist.
"I'm glad I had this opportunity and experience, and I want to thank MLS, FC Dallas and West Ham," said John. "Right now I'm really looking forward to getting back to Dallas. I've been in touch with Schellas and I'm ready to get to work."
- Sounders begin quest for treble against FCD
- Crew return to postseason to face Revs
- MLS Features: RBNY not satisfied with first playoff win at RBA
- City, United set for Manchester derby
- Wright-Phillips’ double powers RBNY past SKC, into East semis
- Toni’s PK helps Hellas Verona draw Lazio
- Los Angeles awarded new MLS team
- Bodmer earns new contract at Nice
- Uchida signs Schalke extension
- Michel’s penalty lifts Dallas past Vancouver