Jimenez helps Indians blank Astros
Jimenez (7-5) gave up just four hits and struck out eight as the Indians won
their fourth straight.
Asdrubal Cabrera scored and drove in a run and Michael Brantley also had
an RBI for the Tribe, who are coming off a three-game sweep of the Cincinnati
Chris Perez struck out the side in the ninth to pick up his major-league best
Lucas Harrell (6-6) allowed a run on two hits and had a career-high nine
strikeouts over seven frames for the Astros.
Chris Johnson had two hits and Brian Bogusevic doubled for Houston, losers in
three straight and eight of its last 10.
- Gonzalez leads Dodgers past Cardinals
- Oakland pounds Houston
- Minor pulls double duty as red-hot Braves blank Mets
- Peavy tosses complete game, ChiSox edge Marlins in ninth
- Phillies get even with Nats in DC
- Brewers closer Henderson lands on DL
- Overbay HR sends Yanks past Rays in 11
- Giants prevail in extras on Pagan’s inside-the-park HR
- Reds stay hot, defeat Cubs
- Alvarez and Locke help Pirates take out Brewers