James, Heat one win away from NBA title
James knocked down a go-ahead three late in the fourth quarter Tuesday night
and the Miami Heat took a 3-1 series lead over the Oklahoma City Thunder after
a 104-98 win in Game 4 of the NBA Finals.
James had been sitting on the bench with apparent cramps in his legs before
checking back in to knock down the shot that put the Heat up for good and sent
them to their third straight win.
Game 5 is Thursday in Miami.
James had 26 points to lead the Heat. Russell Westbrook poured in 43 for
the Thunder, but made a mental error in the final minute that may have
cost his team a chance to tie the game.
No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in NBA Finals history.
- Report: Pelicans’ Vasquez set for ankle surgery
- Grizzlies’ Allen fined for flopping
- Pacers try to regroup for Game 2 of East Finals
- Nothin’ but Net: To Hibbert, or not to Hibbert
- James, Durant headline All-NBA First Team
- James beats the buzzer in OT as Heat take Game 1
- Spurs hold off Grizzlies in OT
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach