James, Heat handle Celtics in Game 1
Dwyane Wade added 22 points and seven assists for Miami, which never trailed
in the contest and led by as many as 17. Shane Battier scored 10 points, Mario
Chalmers had nine and Mike Miller finished with eight.
The Heat were again without forward Chris Bosh, who remains out with a
strained abdominal muscle. They have won four straight games without their
All-Star big man, including three in a row against the Pacers to clinch a
second straight conference finals appearance.
Kevin Garnett had 23 points and 10 rebounds to pace Boston, which got past
Philadelphia in seven games to advance. Rajon Rondo, the catalyst in the
series-clinching win, finished with 16 points, nine rebounds and seven assists
on Monday. Paul Pierce scored 12 points on just 5-of-18 shooting.
Game 2 is scheduled for Wednesday in Miami.
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach
- Nothin’ but Net: Making sense of the lottery
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6