J.P. Tokoto Can Be the Next Vince Carter
North Carolina small forward J.P. Tokoto will be one of the most exciting freshman next season, he is probably the best dunker and he has an expanding game that has grown a lot since he committed to Chapel Hill.
Tokoto quickly chose North Carolina from a large group of suitors that included Wisconsin, Duke, Connecticut, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Marquette and Maryland. He burst onto the national scene his sophomore year in high school playing for Menomonee Falls.
Robbi Pickeral from ESPN.com said that Tokoto's "athleticism has been compared to that of Vince Carter," which is no small statement, as Carter was one of the most explosive and agile wings in college basketball history.
Tokoto is 6'6" and 195 lbs, which is almost the exact same size and build that Vince Carter was in his North Carolina days. If Tokoto works in developing his total game then the sky is the limit for him.
- Stretching the Field: Displeasure settling in for Hamels
- River Plate rallies for draw at Union
- MLS announces New York expansion team
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- First-quarter observations from the MLB season
- At the Net: The ‘Big Three’ assembles in Paris
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends – May 21
- NFL approves $200 million loan for Falcons’ new stadium
- Extra Points: No lazy days for veterans on the bubble
- Red Sox hope to bounce back against White Sox