Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as
long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it
under the crossbar and behind Panthers’ netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the
win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves
in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp
for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida’s lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the
Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Flames fire Feaster, Weisbrod
- Sharks try to avoid 5th consecutive setback in meeting with Wild
- Stars try to get on track against Predators
- Bruins eye up 4th win in a row as they visit Oilers
- Maple Leafs visit Steen, Blues
- Isles hope to start win streak in road clash with Coyotes
- Trying to find win column on trip, ‘Canes visit Flames
- Red Wings battle injuries in road test against Bolts
- Avs visit Jets hoping to avoid 3rd straight loss
- Sabres aim for home-and-home sweep in Ottawa