Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it under the crossbar and behind Panthers' netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida's lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Blue Jackets edge Sharks
- Hiller, Flames shut out winless Hurricanes
- Neal has hat trick, Preds beat Blackhawks
- Canucks win in Miller’s return to St. Louis
- Kuemper stars again as Wild blank Coyotes
- Red Wings score three late goals to down Pens in OT
- Ex-Bruin Johnson leads Isles past former club
- Senators-Maple Leafs rescheduled for Nov. 9
- Kings host Sabres, try to stay perfect on homestand
- Blue Jackets hope to get on track in San Jose