Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it under the crossbar and behind Panthers' netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida's lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Oilers’ Pouliot out indefinitely with broken foot
- Bruins get past Blue Jackets in marathon shootout
- Okposo, Islanders down Penguins in SO
- Saturday Service Plays 11/22/14
- Avs’ Tanguay has facial fracture
- NHL upholds Voynov suspension; Kings to get cap relief
- Sharks, Stars make a deal
- Stars sign Spezza to four-year extension
- Schneider, Devils take on Oilers
- Bruins visit Jackets in clash between hobbled teams