Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as
long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it
under the crossbar and behind Panthers’ netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the
win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves
in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp
for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida’s lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the
Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Blues, Blackhawks meet for Game 2 after thrilling opener
- Andersen, Ducks edge Stars
- Datsyuk, Howard give Wings upper hand on Bruins
- Canadiens take 2-0 series lead on Lightning
- Ducks shoot for 2-0 lead over Dallas
- Bruins, Red Wings rekindle playoff rivalry
- Bolts hope to bounce back in Game 2 vs. Habs
- Strong start gives Sharks series lead
- Stastny the hero as Avs top Wild in OT
- Steen, Blues beat Blackhawks in 3OT