Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it under the crossbar and behind Panthers' netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida's lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Dubnyk, Wild shut out Flames
- Blues top Predators in SO
- Third-period surge vaults Stars past Senators
- Panthers end drought against Blue Jackets
- Price, Habs blank Rangers for 4th straight win
- Mason, balanced scoring lift Flyers over Jets
- Rask, Bruins down Islanders
- Top Shelf: Is Brodeur’s future in Jersey or St. Louis?
- Brodeur calls it a career
- Sabres, Oilers clash in meeting of basement dwellers