Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as
long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it
under the crossbar and behind Panthers’ netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the
win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves
in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp
for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida’s lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the
Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Flames use late rally to sink Islanders
- Second time lucky: Luongo returns to Panthers, blanks Sabres
- Red Wings kick offense into high gear, rip Devils
- Third-period rally sends Rangers past Carolina
- Pens seek to rebound vs. Ducks in matchup of NHL’s best
- Young Flames play host to Islanders
- Luongo returns to Florida as Panthers tangle with Sabres
- St. Louis, Rangers aim to halt slide vs. Hurricanes
- Devils square off again with Red Wings
- Burns scores twice as Sharks top Penguins