Islanders slip past Panthers in SO
Nielsen picked up the puck and went in on goal with speed. He held the puck as long as he could before making a quick move to the backhand and lifting it under the crossbar and behind Panthers' netminder Jose Theodore.
Evgeni Nabokov stopped John Madden, Wojtek Wolski and Marcel Goc to seal the win for New York.
Matt Moulson and Kyle Okposo scored in regulation and Nabokov posted 33 saves in the victory for the Isles,
Tomas Fleischmann had a goal and an assist and Stephen Weiss also lit the lamp for the Panthers and Theodore gave up two goals on 37 shots.
Florida's lead in the Southeast Division is down to three points over the Washington Capitals, who topped Minnesota earlier on Sunday.
- Friday Service Plays 2/27/15
- Red Wings rally past Sharks
- Another shutout for Hammond as Sens top Kings
- Crawford, Blackhawks shut out Panthers
- Niederreiter, Wild hand Preds rare home loss
- Steen lifts Blues over Jets in SO
- Bernier stellar as Leafs hang on to beat Flyers
- Rangers remain hot, rally past Coyotes
- Showing no signs of tanking, Sabres beat Canucks
- Habs beat Blue Jackets for 40th win