Giants edge Diamondbacks 3-1
Arizona reliever Bryan Shaw (1-3) walked Ryan Theriot to start the eighth and
Melky Cabrera set a record by following with his third hit of the game, a
single to right field.
Cabrera upped his hit total this month to 50, breaking Willie Mays’ 1958 mark
for the most in the month of May in the San Francisco era.
Posey, who doubled home Cabrera with the tying run two innings earlier, put
the Giants on top by sending Shaw’s offering to right.
Joaquin Arias plated an insurance run by grounding into a 4-6 fielder’s choice
with the bases loaded.
Santiago Casilla earned his 14th save of the season with a flawless ninth.
- Rangers try to add another win to their total as they battle M’s
- NL-leading Cardinals go for another win over Dodgers
- A’s aim to keep momentum going versus Astros
- Cubs hope to halt slide versus Reds
- Brewers shoot for quick series win over Pirates
- Rockies try to extend winning streak over rival Giants
- Fister set to follow Sanchez’s game against Twins
- Berkman and Baker blast Rangers over Mariners
- Lynn tosses Cards over Dodgers
- Cuddyer productive in return, leads Rox over Giants