Former Rangers G Valiquette retires
Multiple sources on Thursday reported the news.
The 34-year-old Ontario native spent the last two campaigns in Europe, but
went 2-3-0 with a 3.74 goals-against average and one shutout at the start of
the 2009-10 season for the Blueshirts before being sent to the minors.
A former eighth-round pick of the Los Angeles Kings in 1996, Valiquette went
16-14-5 with a 2.74 GAA and four shutouts in 46 games for the Islanders,
Oilers and Rangers in parts of six seasons.
- Top Shelf: Alfie, Toews and a bad week for NHL leadership
- NHL awards to be announced during Stanley Cup Finals
- Kings blank Sharks for series lead
- Red Wings blank Blackhawks, take 3-1 series lead
- Rangers still alive thanks to Game 4 OT decision over Bruins
- King of the Mountain: Avs name Patrick Roy head coach
- Rangers scratch Richards for Game 4
- Sharks, Kings clash in Game 5 of deadlocked series
- Bruins try to sweep Rangers in Game 4
- Pens push Sens to brink with Game 4 outburst