Fiorentina signs Alberto Aquilani from Liverpool
Alberto Aquilani's time at Liverpool is finally over after and the midfielder has completed a permanent transfer to Fiorentina. The 28-year-old arrived at Anfield on a five-year deal in August 2009 following the departure of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid. However, his time on Merseyside was badly affected by injury and he has spent the last two seasons on loan at Juventus and then at AC Milan. He played just 28 games for Liverpool.
Aquilani, who capped 21 times for Italy, began his career with AS Roma. He played for the club from 2002-09, with the exception of a loan to Triestina, until moving to England in 2009. He enjoyed successful spells with Juventus and AC Milan, combining to make 55 appearances over the last two seasons.
- Sanvezzo pushes Vancouver past Chivas
- Chicago comes from behind to down Colorado
- Martins, Di Vaio lead Impact past Dynamo
- Neymar’s early goal enough to lift Brazil over Mexico
- Union inks veteran GK Nikolov
- Dortmund’s Bittencourt opts for Hannover move
- Carroll completes West Ham move
- United opens at Swansea; Chelsea begins at Hull
- Fire host Rapids to close out home spell
- Oduamadi’s hat trick helps Nigeria ease past Tahiti