Eastern Washington will play against Toledo in 2013
The Toledo Rockets will host the Eastern Washington Eagles on September 14, 2013, UT Athletic Director Mike O'Brien announced. It will be the first meeting between the two schools.
Eastern Washington is an NCAA Division I school competing in the Football Championship Subdivision. The Eagles were 6-5 in 2011, following a 13-2 2010 season, when they defeated Delaware, 20-19, to claim the FCS national championship.
"We are very pleased to add Eastern Washington to our 2013 home football schedule," said O'Brien. "The Eagles have one of the premier programs in the FCS, so we are looking forward to hosting them in the Glass Bowl."
"Eastern Washington is an outstanding FCS program that will provide a definite challenge for our team," added head coach Matt Campbell. "We have a lot of respect for Coach Beau Baldwin and the job he and his staff have done."
The Eastern Washington game completes Toledo's 2013 non-conference schedule. Toledo also hosts Navy on October 19 and travel to Florida on August 31 and Missouri on September 7.
- Grabavoy leads the way as RSL charges past Chivas
- Greening’s goal in double OT lifts Senators over Penguins
- America to face Cruz Azul for Mexican title
- Full 33-car starting field set for Indy 500
- Molinaro earns first Symetra title
- Red Sox finish off sweep of Twins
- Padres club Nationals
- Nicasio sharp as Rockies blank slumping Giants
- Braves overtake Dodgers with late surge
- Johnson rallies to victory in Mobile