Dodgers SS Gordon sideline with thumb injury
Gordon was hurt during a steal of third base in the eighth inning of
Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Cincinnati. X-rays taken at the ballpark were
negative, but an MRI on Thursday revealed the damage. He will have surgery on
Gordon stole a pair of bases in the eighth frame, one on a poor call at third
when Reds catcher Devin Mesoraco threw a perfect ball to Todd Frazier. Gordon
was lifted from the game after hurting his thumb on the slide.
Gordon, who has 30 steals, is hitting .229 with a homer and 17 RBI in 78
contests this season.
The Dodgers replaced Gordon on the roster by activating right-handed reliever
Javy Guerra from the 15-day DL. Guerra, who hasn’t pitched in a major league
game since June 2 due to right knee inflammation, is 2-3 with a 3.38 ERA in 27
appearances this season.
- Davis homers twice as Orioles rout Tigers
- Twins reach deal with No. 4 overall pick Stewart
- Red Sox ink top draft pick Ball
- Nationals’ Espinosa activated from DL, sent to minors
- Astros strike deal with No. 1 pick Appel
- Rounding Third: Wheeling and dealing, Mets’ future is brighter
- Rounding Third: Wheeling and dealing, Mets’ future gets brighter
- Rounding Third: Wheeling and dealing, brighter days ahead for Mets
- Tillman, Orioles conclude set at Detroit
- Blue Jays eye sweep of visiting Rockies