Dodgers activate Kemp from DL
Kemp, who has been sidelined since May 13 with a strained left hamstring, was
the National League’s Player of the Month in April and is hitting .359 this
season with 12 home runs and 28 RBI for the first-place Dodgers.
The All-Star outfielder comes off the DL after going 5-for-7 with two home
runs and five RBI in two rehab games with Triple-A Alburquerque.
He went 1-for-4 with a double in Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers.
Outfielder/first baseman Jerry Sands was optioned to Triple-A Alburquerque to
make room for Kemp. Sands appeared in eight games with the Dodgers, going 4-
for-20 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Orioles send Strop to DL
- Jones, Orioles down Blue Jays
- Granderson heads back to the disabled list
- Rangers try to add another win to their total as they battle M’s
- NL-leading Cardinals go for another win over Dodgers
- A’s aim to keep momentum going versus Astros
- Cubs hope to halt slide versus Reds
- Brewers shoot for quick series win over Pirates
- Rockies try to extend winning streak over rival Giants
- Fister set to follow Sanchez’s game against Twins