Dirk Nowitzki to Play for Two More Years
Dirk Nowitzki did a little question and answer session on Twitter this past Sunday. He showed that he is one of the throwbacks by telling fans that he bleeds blue. He seemed to scoff at suggestions he jump to a team that has a better chance of winning a title.
Nowitzki didn’t limit himself to just 2 more seasons, but rather announced that he would play for at least 2 years and then see how the body feels. I would imagine that after 2 years, the reality of winning a title in Dallas would play in with his future decisions also. He has 2 years left on his current contract with Dallas. This is good news for the Mavericks, who courted Deron Williams heavily but didn’t end up signing him.
Nowitzki opened up the surprise Q & A by announcing to followers that he would entertain their questions for the next 20 minutes, which turned into more like an hour. No matter what team you pull for you just have to like this guy. In the age of big money and egos Dirk is about as real as they get.
Check the latest NBA News
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6
- NBA Playoff Preview – San Antonio vs. Memphis
- Knicks once again fight for playoff lives against Pacers
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in unchartered woods