Copa del Rey Final Preview and Odds
FC Barcelona will face Athletic Bilbao in the 108th Copa del Rey Final on Friday at the Vicente Calderon in Madrid in what promises to be a pleasing game for fans and neutrals.
Each team plays a unique, entertaining style that can give the opposition headaches. Most people are familiar with Barça's offense but Bilbao's pressing style has given their opponents fits throughout the season.
Each team's season has also been marred by disappointment, both domestically and in Europe. FC Barcelona were dethroned as La Liga champions by Real Madrid and they were also knocked out of the UEFA Champions League semifinals by Chelsea.
Athletic Bilbao never really got going in La Liga this season, finishing 10th; however, Marcelo Bielsa's team exerted a lot of energy during their UEFA Europa League campaign, reaching the final before losing 3-0 against Atlético Madrid in Romania. This Copa del Rey Final represents a chance for both teams to end the season on a positive note and start building for next season.
4:00 PM ET, May 25
FC Barcelona -410
Athletic Bilbao +825
Over 3½ (+105) / 3½ (-135)
Odds provided by America's Bookie
- Ferdinand signs contract extension with United
- Houston’s Boswell suspended one additional game
- Stoppage Time: Bayern ready to assume the throne
- NYCFC tabs Claudio Reyna as director of football
- Pellegrini to leave Malaga at season’s end
- MLS Features: NYCFC revelation bucks the status quo for MLS
- Galtier signs St. Etienne extension
- MLS announces New York expansion team
- Mallorca tops Betis to revive survival hopes
- Real confirms Mourinho departure after season