Clippers keep Del Negro
Per club policy, no terms were announced.
The Clips finished 40-26, good enough for second place in the Pacific Division
but were swept in the second round in a four-game series by the San Antonio
Spurs. LA beat Memphis in seven games in the first round.
Del Negro spearheaded a significant improvement from his first year at the
helm, in which the Clippers went 32-50 and finished fourth in the Pacific.
The 45-year-old Massachusetts native, who played 14 NBA seasons from
1988-2002, holds a 154-158 overall mark in four years as a head coach — two
with both the Bulls and Clippers.
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years
- Bobcats formally apply to change back to Hornets
- Del Negro out as Clippers coach
- Nothin’ but Net: Making sense of the lottery
- Raptors revamp front office, strip Colangelo of GM duties
- Grizzlies try to even series with Spurs
- Seasoned Spurs bury Grizzlies in Game 1
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6