Cilic tops Granollers in Umag final
Cilic cruised through the draw without losing a set. His closest call came in
a 7-5, 6-2 victory over third-seeded Alexandr Dolgopolov in the semi-finals on
Saturday, which avenged a loss to the Ukranian in last year’s final.
The 23-year-old Cilic has now won two finals in as many months. He was the
runner-up at Munich, but captured his first career title on grass at the
Queen’s Club last month.
Granollers, appearing in his first final of the season, defeated top-seeded
countryman Fernando Verdasco 6-2, 6-7 (5-7), 6-1 Saturday to reach the finals.
Cilic owns a 5-1 lifetime record against the 26-year-old Granollers.
- Serena continues roll into Rome final, Azarenka next
- Berdych stuns Djokovic; Federer, Nadal reach semis in Rome
- Serena, Azarenka reach semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome
- Berdych stuns Djokovic; Nadal reaches semis in Rome
- Berdych stuns Djokovic in Rome
- Serena cruises into semis; Sharapova pulls out in Rome
- Djokovic, Federer, Nadal reach Italian Masters QFs
- U.S. Open tennis will leave CBS for ESPN in 2015
- Serena, Sharapova, Azarenka ease into Rome quarters
- Serena, Azarenka cruise into Rome quarters