Chinese Love NBA Basketball
Chinese fans love NBA basketball and you would have thought it was the finals by the way they were going nuts in this exhibition game. And the world champion Miami Heat didn’t disappoint and at times looked more like the Harlem Globetrotters with their acrobatics and wide open dunks. Beijing couldn’t have gotten a better clinic on basketball.
Dwyane Wade is returning from knee surgery and played in his first preseason game. He did show a little rust as he missed on a wide open dunk. That didn’t really have anything to do with the knee; he just needs to get back in the groove. He finished with 5 points on 2 for 9 shooting.
LeBron James looked like he was in midseason form and scored 20. He had a couple of monstrous dunks in the game and even though this is preseason, teams around the NBA better take notice. The King has busted his cherry and will be hard to stop in the upcoming season.
Blake Griffin had 19 points for the Clippers and had probably the most acrobatic dunk of the night. I’m not even sure there is a name for it. It was kind of a reverse spin around under the basket thunder. Ray Allen looked sharp for Miami hitting four 3 pointers and ended with 15 points. If he starts doing that in the regular season the Heat might not only win but they will be covering the spread more this season. The 2 teams will play again on Sunday in Shanghai.
- Spurs, Grizzlies set for Game 1 of Western Finals
- Pacers clamp down late, top Knicks to advance
- Pacers’ Hill to play in Game 6
- NBA Playoff Preview – San Antonio vs. Memphis
- Knicks once again fight for playoff lives against Pacers
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in uncharted woods
- Stretching the Field: Grizzlies are in unchartered woods
- Spurs take out Warriors for trip to Western Conference finals
- Knicks down Pacers, avoid elimination
- Knicks try to stave off elimination against Pacers