Butler helps Royals complete sweep of Rays
Alcides Escobar and Mike Moustakas also homered for the Royals, who swept the
Rays for the first time since May 15-17, 2001. Yuniesky Betancourt knocked in
Kansas City starter Everett Teaford gave up two runs on four hits over five-
plus innings. Aaron Crow (1-1) recorded the final two outs in the eighth to
pick up the win.
Ben Zobrist went 3-for-4 with three RBI for the Rays, who went 3-6 on a nine-
game road trip. Jeff Keppinger drove in a run.
Matt Moore allowed four runs on 10 hits over 7 1/3 innings. Burke Badenhop
(1-2) gave up the homer to Butler to take the loss.
- Tigers outlast Indians
- Buchholz, Red Sox down ChiSox
- Martinez’s HR, Lyles’ arm help Astros secure series
- Rockies send Rutledge to Triple-A
- O’s swamp Yankees with early offense
- Liriano strong again as Pirates edge Cubs
- Lee’s SO lifts Phillies in Miami
- Wilson leads surging Angels past sinking Mariners
- Bautista, Blue Jays slip by Rays in 10
- First-inning burst helps Wolf, Rangers down A’s