Auxerre gets first road win to escape bottom three
Auxerre was winless in its first 17 road games this season, posting 10 losses
and seven ties, but Contout scored in the first half and Ndinga added a second
with four minutes left in normal time.
With the win, Auxerre jumped off the foot of the standings and climbed to 17th
place, out of the relegation zone on goal differential. Auxerre, which managed
just five wins in its first 33 matches, has won two straight.
Dijon lost its fifth straight match to slip to 19th, although it sits level on
points with Auxerre and 18th-place Brest with three matches left this season.
Sochaux is now bottom of the table on 33 points.
- Galtier signs St. Etienne extension
- MLS announces New York expansion team
- Mallorca tops Betis to revive survival hopes
- Real confirms Mourinho departure after season
- Sounders’ Johnson collects MLS Player of the Week honor
- MLS Features: Portland stays hot, D.C. United not
- José Mourinho will leave Real Madrid after the last game of the season
- Mazzarri leaves Napoli post
- Grabavoy leads the way as RSL charges past Chivas
- America to face Cruz Azul for Mexican title