Argentina’s firepower impresses head coach Alejandro Sabella
Argentina head coach Alejandro Sabella is impressed by his ruthless strikers after seeing their side overcome Chile 2-1 in 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying action.
Goals from FC Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain keept Argentina at the top of the South American standings heading into the next round of fixtures next March.
Sabella believes that they find themselves in this position because of the firepower that he has at his disposal.
"We have forwards of huge standing who normally never forgive mistakes," Sabella told reporters.
"We knew Chile would take the ball from us a lot and we had to be very concentrated in defence."
With the loss, Chile is languishing in the bottom half of the standings with 12 points from nine games.
Argentina's next game will be an international friendly against Saudi Arabia in November.
Check the latest Soccer News
- Stoppage Time: Bayern ready to assume the throne
- NYCFC tabs Claudio Reyna as director of football
- Pellegrini to leave Malaga at season’s end
- MLS Features: NYCFC revelation bucks the status quo for MLS
- Galtier signs St. Etienne extension
- MLS announces New York expansion team
- Mallorca tops Betis to revive survival hopes
- Real confirms Mourinho departure after season
- Sounders’ Johnson collects MLS Player of the Week honor
- MLS Features: Portland stays hot, D.C. United not