Anthony Bennett should go to UNLV
Anthony Bennett, one of the highest rated players in high school basketball, has trimmed his list of potential college destinations from three to two, eliminating the Kentucky Wildcats and narrowing his decision to the UNLV Rebels and the Oregon Ducks.
Bennett played high school basketball for the Findlay Prep Pilots based out of Henderson, Nevada, about 10 miles away from the UNLV campus, which makes UNLV the favorites to land him. It's easy to forget that these players are still kids and if they have an option to stay close to home they will probably take it. Also, his good friend and fellow Canadian, Khem Birch, will play for the Rebels next season and he has been trying to convince Bennett to go to UNLV.
UNLV's up-tempo style suits Bennett and the team has an immediate need for a forward because Chace Stanback and Brice Massamba left.
As for Oregon, Bennett would make a good fit for them because they had trouble scoring at times last season, they ranked 183rd in rebounding, didn't have a great frontcourt and could use more playmakers.
Bennett should choose UNLV as his college because Oregon does not have enough players to be a legitimate contender while UNLV can contend with him as one of their star players.
- Johnson’s brace helps surging Sounders topple FCD
- 2013 NBA Playoffs Betting Trends – May 19
- Johnson claims record fourth win in all-star race
- Sharks take Game 3, down Kings in OT
- Two-run sixth propels A’s past Royals
- Rockies rout Giants behind Chatwood
- Astros edge Pirates in 11 innings
- Brewers top Cardinals in 10 innings
- Andrus stars as Rangers down Tigers
- Ortiz clubs two homers as Red Sox pound Twins