49ers re-sign CB Rogers
The deal is reportedly worth $31.3 million.
Rogers joined the 49ers last season after spending the first six years of his
career with the Washington Redskins and had a career year.
He finished with 43 tackles, six interceptions, returning one for a touchdown,
and 18 passes defended, which earned him an invitation to his first Pro Bowl.
Over 94 career games with Washington and San Francisco, Rogers has accumulated
342 tackles, 14 interceptions and two touchdowns.
“We are extremely pleased to re-sign an All-Pro player like Carlos,” said
49ers general manager Trent Baalke. “His leadership and performance were
integral to our success as a team. We look forward to his continued
contributions, both on and off the field.”
San Francisco also signed running back Rock Cartwright to a one-year deal.
The 10-year veteran spent his first eight seasons with the Redskins (2002-09),
before playing the past two with the Oakland Raiders (2010-11). In 154 career
games (five starts), the Kansas State product has carried the ball 228 times
for 956 yards and six touchdowns.
Cartwright has also returned 231 kicks for 5,450 yards (23.6 average) and one
“Rock has been a standout special teams contributor, who has also shown
versatility at the running back position,” said Baalke. “He has all of the
intangibles that we look for in a 49er.”
- Report: Broncos’ Walton has ankle surgery
- Giants legendary punter Jennings passes away
- Extra Points: Idle hands could take down Patriots’ Hernandez
- 49ers ink DT Justin Smith to extension
- Report: Pats’ Hernandez questioned in murder probe
- Cowboys ink third-round pick Williams
- Atlanta radio hosts fired after mocking Gleason
- Chad Johnson released from jail after apology
- Former Dolphins WR Chad Johnson released from jail
- Packers release LB Bishop